The Friends of King’s are parents, grandparents and staff who get together to hold fund-raising events and meet up to make friends, socialise and have fun. Everyone is welcome to join.
The Friends of King’s organise a number of events, including the eagerly anticipated May Fair and Christmas Fair, where stalls, activities and refreshments make for a fun time for the whole school. The Friends also run the Tuck Shop on Friday afternoons, which is hugely popular with children and adults alike.
The monies raised from these events and the sale of items, are used to fund special projects within the school and nursery. In the past the Friends have contributed to many enterprises including the building of the wildlife pond in the garden, the upkeep of the much-loved fish tank in the foyer, contribution to theatre companies performing for the school and trips.
If you would like to join the Friends of King’s, please contact email@example.com
Parents Wellbeing Committee
Who Are We?
We are a group of parents with children in various year groups:
● Sarah Todd, mum to Archie Year 3
● Jenny Gilbey, mum to Theo Year 6 and Elena Year 4
● Vicky Howell, mum to Charlotte Year 5
● Sam Williams, mum to Eliza Year 1
● Nikki Lewis-Wilson, mum to Matthew Year 6 and James Year 2
What Is Our Role?
● To work alongside the school to ensure the physical and mental wellbeing of all the children, staff and parents within the school.
● We have regular meetings with Mrs Seymour, Year 5 and Miss Atack, Year 2, to discuss the school’s wellbeing initiatives and what we as parents can do to help. The Future.
● Always open to new members and ideas, you can be involved as much or as little as you wish.
● Dedicated wellbeing email address, firstname.lastname@example.org for you to submit any ideas or areas that you may feel have not been addressed so far.
● We would also welcome any parents, friends or family members who have any wellbeing related skills, resources, contacts or stories to share and would be willing to share them with the school. This could take the form of talks, assemblies or activities/workshops, all ideas welcome.
Please feel free to ask any questions and we will do our best to answer them!