King’s School is committed to ensuring there is a positive ethos in the school where the emphasis is placed on the good rather than the negative aspects of behaviour. We believe that if children are praised and regarded for the positive things they do such as showing sensible behaviour, courtesy, self-control and a caring attitude, it will serve to promote these aspects of behaviour within the school.
Our Pastoral Aims
- To enable each pupil to fulfil their own potential both academically and socially
- To ensure that each pupil has access to personal, vocational and academic guidance and support where necessary
- To provide opportunities for and encourage pupils to exercise individual and social responsibility
- To promote in pupils the self-awareness and self-confidence that they need to face the challenges, both academic and personal, that they are confronted with
- To establish and maintain an appropriate relationship with every parent, so that together we can help to prepare the pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life
- To create a caring environment where pupils are valued for who they are, not just for what they can do
Golden Rules are the basis of everyday life at King’s to ensure we respect each other.
|Do be gentle||Do not hurt anybody|
|Do be kind and helpful||Do not hurt people’s feelings|
|Do work hard||Do not waste your or other people’s time|
|Do look after property||Do not waste or damage things|
|Do listen to people||Do not interrupt|
|Do be honest||Do not cover up the truth|